Thursday, April 5, 2012

Bananas & honey & coconut -oh my!
















I am forever banging on about cooking outside of the square. Maybe it is because alot of cookbooks that I've accumulated over the years no longer suit my nutritional needs...?


I've been working on my sacral chakra lately (yes, I did just realise how much of a hippie I sounded like just then!) which has alot to do with creative expression. I've been observing how people express their creativity in different ways. Some with a paintbrush and canvas, others in the surfcraft they ride. I've come to realise that mine is in the kitchen! There's nothing more exciting than throwing ingredients together in the kitchen and it actually WORKS!



This afternoon I was feeling peckish so I sliced up some organic spelt sourdough bread that I bought at the artisian bakery at the jetty, toasted it up, then spread on some extra virgin coconut oil and raw organic honey, then sliced up some fresh bananas on top. Perfection! Come to think of it, some ground cinnamon on top would have increased the yumminess factor... Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment