Friday, April 27, 2012

Work-home-work-home.


There’s nothing quite like being told “You look tired today” to make you feel wonderful about yourself.


Full-time work fascinates me. Not so much the work itself, but the lifestyle that comes with it.


What works for me:

*Drinking over two litres of water throughout the day gives my brain clarity

*Eating raw and fresh foods like fruit and veg and saying “NO” to leftovers!!

*“Sensible” inserts in my shoes to support my flat feet

*Grazing on small meals

*Making a “power smoothie” and putting it in a stainless steel drink bottle to sip mid-morning

*Packing a whole bag of food to take with me so I don’t end up spending a fortune on sushi, gluten-free muffins, juices, etc

*Six spirulina tablets in the afternoon to get me through the 3pm energy slump

*A hell of a lot of New Zealand reggae music!

*Going to yoga, pilates and gyrokinesis 4 nights a week makes me feel empowered about my health and allows a break in the home-work-home routine

*As soon as I get home from work I’ll get out of my work clothes

*Aim to be in bed by 9:30pm to keep me in a good mood all day

*Having something exciting to look forward to eases the blow too. Like a reflexology appointment or massage, meeting up with a friend or even just a steaming hot bath with some essential oils and candles

But most of all the most important thing is having a rewarding job in a field that you are passionate about is the key.

Please share any tips that work for you! xx.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry Em this one's not healthy...a double shot flat white (and close your eyes)with two sugars!- from across the road at the cheap cafe. I'm an addict.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought I'd follow up with something healthy. Back to work yesterday after a break. Lucky me I'm working from home. Lunch time I go to the local swimming pool, the place is busy, the local GP, a couple of council workers, younger people-students?? and two older ladies (80s perhaps)doing laps. All of us getting a hit of oxygen for our brains/bodies to get us thru the day. I know this works cos I'v been doing it for a while now. cheers

      Delete