Friday, April 20, 2012

Lady luck



I’m not a fan of “luck”. Do you know anyone who answered a knock at the door to a stranger shaking their hand, handing them a uni degree, their new name tag to a great job, a huge chunk of cash and then introduce them to their soul mate?

I was in the bank today and the teller asked me how my parents were going. When I replied that they were travelling up the center of Australia in their Winniebago then heading over to Western Australian in Spring to see the wild flowers the lady said “Half their luck!” No, it’s called getting a uni degree, working your fingers to the bone, making courageous business decisions, then saving your money and investing it wisely. I know it was a passing comment, but do you get what I mean?

I read once that luck was when preparation meets opportunity. This sits well with me. If you want the rainbow, you’ve got to put up with the rain because there are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Do you consider some people “lucky”? Are you putting in the hard yards to work towards your goal or looking for the next quick fix?

Have a beautiful weekend everyone xx.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Em

    I do consider myself lucky because I was born into this great land of opportunity. That still means though I have to work and sacrifice to make my dreams a reality. Someone wise once said to me the greatest sin is to not create something positive from what you have been given. In my case, what I have been given is my life and my family in this 'lucky' country.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, we live in such a beautiful country! I love being reminded of this when I visit another country. That's a great quote your friend told you!

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete