Sunday, June 2, 2013

You are my sunshine


The ocean was so crystal clear and refreshing over the weekend! Every swim I go for lately I wonder if it'll be my last before the winter chill sets in... But I manage to keep sneaking one more in!






"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you're not."

-Margaret Thatcher





Do three things today that you love!!





Top 5 Things I LOVED This Wk:
1. Scoring two pairs of rad leopard print tights from the kids section of Big W for $9.84 each. Hello new yoga pants and no shortening of the legs needed!
2. My yoga teacher’s new banging playlist in class this wk. Particularly liked doing sun salutations to Electric Feel by MGMT.
3. Buying a journal each to start learning another language. Him: Japanese. Me: Spanish (again).
4. Staying in my pj’s til 2pm on the rainiest, coldest day ever. So cozy.
5. The best facial everrrrr. Honestly my face was so dry and rough and nothing seemed to help. I got tucked into Trista’s massage table (with the electric blanket turned on) and she worked her magic on me with her beautiful Ayurvedic lotions and potions. All brand new now!

Emma the Naturopath xx

PS. I’m going to leave you with this little passage I read on the beach today.

“Why do we struggle with relaxation? Because we wear exhaustion as a badge of honour. We look at the idea of taking regular short bursts of recovery and think that is for weak people who can’t handle the pressure, or that having these regular moments of stillness is self-indulgent and selfish. We found with most people that unless they were feeling exhausted and stressed they didn’t think they were pushing themselves hard enough. In my experience, to prevent burnout and improve wellbeing we need short, regular and frequent moments of stillness”.

Dr Adam Fraser, The Third Space.
This week I want you to mindfully allow moments of stillness to trickle into your days. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the fact that your yoga instructor has MGMT on the playlist. So necessary.

    thefitfoodieblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete