Monday, June 10, 2013

Best $9.84 I've spent in a while


We have an awesome black board apple at the shop which I write a weekly tip on. 
I'm going to start sharing our Tip of the Week with you guys on here :)




High five to Big W for providing me with a pair of banging pink leopard print tights 
from the little girls section for $9.84. Hello new yoga tights!!





There’s something special that I wanted to share with you guys.... 
Today is actually Essential Health’s birthday!!! 8 years –can you believe it!?

It all started back in 2005 when mama and papa bear got sick of customers asking if they sold vitamin C and lavender oil in their gourmet ingredients shop. In 2009 I finished my last uni exam and three days later I was behind the counter. Did I mention that I used to wag my business subjects at uni? “I’ll never need that”! Ahhh, ignorance is bliss!

So a massive massive masssssssive thankyou beyond measure to all our gorgeous customers and clients!!  Thanks for all the gardening, cooking and life advice you’ve so kindly shared. Thanks for inspiring me and challenging me. Thanks to those who chose to spend their hand earned dollars at our sole trading shop over a discount day at a franchise store so that I can continue doing what I love.
So much love guys,
Emma the Naturopath xx

“Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision” -Peter F. Drucker




 Top 5 Things I LOVED This Wk:
1. Gardening binges. When you go outside just to give the garden a water... Then you start repotting plant, pulling out a mountain of weeds and pruning trees.
2. Seeing a double rainbow while sitting on the beach drinking homemade blueberry kombucha tea with a friend of mine who’s a yoga teacher. (Yep, even I just re-read that and couldn’t believe how hippie I sounded).
3. Going for a walk along the jetty and glancing down to see two wild dolphins flocking below! They stayed for over 20mins playing between the pylons and rolling onto their belly looking up at me! 
4. Our first Japanese lesson over hot miso. Watashi no namae wa Emma desu!
5. Five dollar flanno’s from Coles.

Emma the Naturopath xx

PS. I have to be honest… The past couple of weeks I kind of lost my food mojo. Which is seriously out of character for me. My husband calls me the “Midnight Chef” because I spent most evenings experimenting with new creations. The change of seasons just didn’t inspire me. But I’m back baby!! I finally bought Gwenyth Paltrow’s stunning hardcover cookbook It’s All Good which I’d been lusting over since I bought it for a girlfriend a month ago. It’s such a practical book for anyone who’s keen on preparing simple and delicious wholefood based recipes.

So my tip for you this week is to rekindle the food flame inside yourself. Visit farmers markets and check out the fresh seasonal produce or even grow your own. Swap a recipe book with one of your friends. Keep the food inspiration alive –your family will taste it in your cooking!




20% off all stainless steel water bottles for the month of June!!!

Come and say hello to use over on Facebook at 'Essential Health Coffs'!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment