Thursday, April 4, 2013

Generous hearts


This week at work I have witnessed so much care given from others. My love today goes out to all the carers (paid and unpaid) who selflessly put other’s needs before their own simply to improve another person’s quality of life. Is there no greater gift?


Those people who work a 9-5 job and still visit their elderly parent in a nursing home every day, even just for 10 minutes.

Those who do everything in their power to help a family member battling a serious disease.

Those who work in hospitals who spend their days looking after people in their most vulnerable state where just a warm smile and small chat can make all the difference.

Those parents who miss a day’s wage to nurse their sick child back to health.


It warms my heart to know that there are so many beautiful people with such tremendously generous hearts in this world.




Top 5 Things I LOVED This Wk:

1. My dream last night: I dreamt that my heart was a cold stone with the word LOVE written on it. Then I got some soap and a scrubbing brush and said nice things to it as I cleaned it. When I finished with it my heart was pink, soft and glowing. I always have these sort of dreams when I take a flower essence...
2. Biting the bullet and finally “investing” in sensible work shoes with proper arch support. I may look like I’m off to second grade but my legs no longer kill by the end of the day!
3. How friendly chia seeds are. They just want to hang out with you all day in your teeth, the kitchen sponge, the bottom of the blender…
4. The way my left hip clicks back in to place during trikonasana (triangle pose in yoga).
5. Having a bath before breakfast every day this week. Just because.



JAPANESE HEALTHY HABITS!!

1. Eat with chopsticks: it’ll stop you scoffing down your food and is a hell of a lot more hygienic than eating with your fingers. Plus it’s hilarious when you’re learning!

2. Add fermented foods/pickled vegies: encourages the production of your own digestive secretions and enhances the growth of friendly bacteria in your gut. Make your own to avoid preservatives.

3. Drink organic green tea: the flavonoids (antioxidants) protect your cells from free radical damage to slow the ageing process and protect fro cancer. Green tea also increases your metabolism, makes your skin glow and promotes detoxification.

4. Warm up with miso soup: such a nourishing little gem! It helps to recolonise your gut with the good bugs that boost your immunity. It’s a great source of protein, vitamins and minerals that support your nervous system. Add shitake mushies for an extra immunity boost!

You’ll be fighting like a Japanese ninja in no time!




I sacrificed my Wed night yoga class last night and went to a ridiculously informative business strategies seminar. Glad I did. 

One line the speaker said particularly stood out:


*A winner is a loser who never gave up*




Who overindulged over Easter…? Me too! Cakes, choccy, late nights, no routine, no exercise, wheat, dairy… but sooooo much FUN!!

Let’s start fresh again this week!!!

Here are 5 things I’ll be doing this week to get back on track:
1. Getting outside and moving to make the most of the last week of daylight savings!
2. Making fresh vegie juice such as carrot, apple, celery, ginger, parsley, apple and beetroot.
3. Putting 1 tsp of Synergy spirulina powder in my coconut water.
4. Drinking spiced dandelion tea.
5. Early to bed, early to rise.

Welcome to April everyone!!

Emma the Naturopath xx


Phone: 0266 514 533
Email: carrots_and_apples@hotmail.com
Facebook: Essential Health Coffs

3 comments:

  1. The blog article very surprised to me! Your writing is good. In this I learned a lot! Thank you! I like the way you blogged about this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    marijuana drug testing

    ReplyDelete