Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What I actually look like when I run...


Top 5 Things I LOVED This Wk:

1. Having the patience to cook homemade chicken, leek, asparagus and thyme risotto. Always worth getting RSI in your wrists from 45 mins of stirring.
2. Catching an old nana bopping along to a Hilltop Hoods track on my Triple J ‘Like A Version’ cd.
3. The sweetness of an organic zucchini.
4. Breaking my personal record during my PT session for planking. I was silently cleansing my chakras.
5. Driving past a plant nursery and seeing the sign “Have a dirty weekend”.

Emma the Naturopath xx

PS. Have a beautiful long wkend everyone! I have been wondering this week how many of those mini Cadbury eggs I can eat before I lose my naturopathic accreditation ;)






Are you a long-time vegan? New vegan, trying to be vegan, or just curious to find out more about veganism? Then Coffs Coast Vegan Social Group is for you!
 Call Nat for more info 0416 122536.




The truth: you can not and will not look like a Lorna Jane model if you’re working out properly.

Your face will be lobster red, you’ll be dripping sweat, looking pretty unco and unable to talk and breathe at the same time.

When I get home from my weekly person training session all I want is a bowl of porridge. 

This is my post-workout refuel:

In a small saucepan add ½ a cup of rolled oats and cover with filtered water and cook on the lowest heat for 10 mins. Then splash in your milk of choice (mine is malt-free soy milk) and stir till creamy.

Remove from heat and add 1 tsp coconut oil, 1 Tbsp chia seeds, ground cinnamon, a scattering of frozen blueberries, a swirl of coconut nectar. If there’s some leftover coconut cream in the fridge from a curry the night before I’ll put a slurp of that in as well. Loco for the coco!

Packed with magnesium, B vitamins, fibre, healthy oils, protein and complex carbs. Then I enjoy my endorphin high for the rest of the day!




So I made these little pups today. They are the perfect accompaniment to my pot of rosehip tea on this rainy Autumn afternoon.

SUNSHINE BITES

Ingredients:
1 cup raw cashews
1 cup dried figs
¾ cup desiccated coconut
Zest of one lime
Chia seeds to coat

Directions:
1. Soak cashews for a few hours. Drain and rinse.
2. Cut figs into quarters and cover with water for 30 mins to soften them.
3. In a food processor combine all ingredients and whiz until combined.
4. Spoon out about a dessert spoon size amount of mixture at a time and roll into a ball with your hands. Pour some chia seeds into a bowl and roll the balls around to coat.

Store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Makes 24. Great for lunch boxes, road trips, pre-workout, morning tea, kiddies parties, something sweet after dinner.

Gluten free, dairy free, raw, vegan and I made sure all the ingredients were organic. Packed to the brim with magnesium and fibre!!

Emma the Naturopath xx


PS. Head over to Facebook and 'like' Essential Health Coffs!

3 comments:

  1. I was looking for health related website to review many issue. Now I've found your blog site with lots of amazing information. You did really excellent work. I'll read your blog regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm glad you like my blog. If you have any particular topics you'd like to know more about, please let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow !! nice article and good suggestion. your five thing you loved best is also so great.

    ReplyDelete