Monday, February 11, 2013

Glow from the inside out!


*GLOWING SKIN*

I was chatting to one of my gorgeous customers this week who has the most flawless skin. She has a perfect peaches and cream complexion and she simply glows. Did I mention she’s in her mid-sixties! Not a wrinkle in sight.

We started talking about juicing and she mentioned that people constantly ask her what she uses on her skin because it is so fantastic. She tells them that she has never drank alcohol or smoked. But she attributes her clear skin to making a fresh juice every day since she was 20. She has never skipped a day.

We agreed that whenever we talk to people about juicing they admit that they do in fact have a juicer collecting dust at the bottom of their pantry which sits there idly because “it takes forever to clean”. This is clearly a first world complaint.

People in Africa are dealing with their family members being shot by rebels, have to drink dirty water and only have a cup of boiled rice to eat each day… And here we are in beautiful Australia having a whinge that it takes less than 3 minutes to rinse out 4 or 5 parts of our juicer.

There are endless benefits to fresh vegie juice so leave your juicer out on your kitchen bench, stock up once a week at your local farmers market (or from your own garden) and get juicing! Our morning fave is carrot, apple, celery, ginger, lime beetroot and parsley! What’s yours?








Top 5 Things I LOVED This Wk:
1. Chivalry. It goes a long way gents.
2. Informing a customer that castor oil was not in fact a product from a beaver’s anal glands. Never a dull moment at Essential Health…
3. The weird and wonderful meals and juices you create the week before your holiday to use up everything in the fridge.
4. The cushiness of a new pair of Havianas.
5. Homemade choc mint coconut ice cream made with almond milk! It tastes like a coconut rough and a mint pattie made love!

This week’s Top 5 are coming to you a couple of days early because tomorrow I am heading to JAPAN!!! You see there are a few things worth celebrating… (Clearly I have a fetish for writing lists)!
1. My incredibly intelligent husband has completed his Masters degree in Clinical Exercise Physiology (with flying colours) and scored a great job at a private hospital. My heart beams with pride for how far he has come!
2. It will be my 28th birthday!
3. On the same day as my birthday it is also our first wedding anniversary!  My husband is the honey in my chai. He makes my life sweet. If I had a flower for every time he made me smile, I’d be walking through an endless garden xxxxx

Looking forward to bringing you a very special Japanese Top 5 sometime in Feb. Sayonara! 

Emma the Naturopath xx

1 comment:

  1. Easily, the publish is really the greatest on this laudable topic. I concur with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your future updates. Saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantastic lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay privy of any updates. Solid work and much success in your business enterprise!

    back pain relief treatment in Hong Kong

    ReplyDelete