Saturday, September 3, 2011

Keep It Simple Sexy (K.I.S.S.)



I am like a sniffer dog for food additives. If there is MSG in something my nose gets insanely itchy. This happened last week while eating sushi. My nose started going crazy again. I turned over the wasabi packet and read the contents and was shocked to see the long list of “ingredients” which were mainly numbers.

So I decided to make my own wasabi. I bought some organic horseradish powder and mixed that together with some water and opened a spirulina capsule for the colour. Easy.

Being Fathers Day today, it is a bit of a tradition to buy a treat from Darrell Lea. But this year instead of buying ready-made rocky road I made my own using dark chocolate, butter, desiccated coconut and almonds. Four ingredients. All organic. Plus it’s more special giving someone something homemade.

Be conscious of what you put into (and on) your body. Cook from scratch. Simplify your foods. Nourish your body with wholefoods, not numbers.

Learn more about food additive with Sue Dengate at:

http://www.fedupwithfoodadditives.info/

No comments:

Post a Comment