Sunday, September 18, 2011

Go To Your Happy Place.
























When I finished highschool I moved to Byron Bay. “You’ll get over it” I was told. “It’s just a phase”. It wasn’t. “It’s like anywhere, the novelty will wear off”. It didn’t. It just grew and grew. After all the countless places I’ve lived over the last 26 years, nowhere has felt more like home than the Bay.

I am unbelievably lucky enough to have my other half living in Byron so it has become my second home where I get to escape to every second weekend.

I’m a whole different person there. My heart becomes lighter. I’m not "Emma the naturopath" and my head isn’t filled with BAS statements, invoices, superannuation contributions and stock deliveries. It’s just about doing what I love: eating delicious fresh food, enjoying spectacular beaches and having fun with the person I love dearly and just soaking up the bubbly energy. I am able to put myself first.

We all need a place like this to keep our lives balanced. It’s important to remind yourself about who you are. Where you don’t have to play a role as “mummy” or “business owner” or “uni student”. All you have to do is be you.

You don't necessarily have to leave your postcode to do this. This might be out to breakfast with your girlfriends on a Sunday morning, doing a sun salutation at your weekly yoga class or sending the family out to the movies while you soak in a hot bath with the phone off the hook. Create somewhere to break away from your usual life so when you go back to it, you love and appreciate it even more.

Does your life reflect who you truly are? Where is your happy place where you recognise yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment