Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Turkey lurkey



I recently expanded my thinking and have been really getting into the blood type diet.

My blood type is A which thrives on a fresh, pure and organic vegetarian diet with no wheat and dairy. A’s have sensitive digestion and flourish with yoga and meditation. This sums me up to a tee! We may as well rename the A blood type the Emma blood type!

Ever since the whole live cattle export drama went down, I haven’t eaten any red meat. And to be honest, my digestion has never been better! Type A’s can however eat some fish, chicken, turkey and poussin (baby chickens). When I was skimming through the blood type book I read poussin, I thought it said “possum”. Eek! Haha.

So I’ve really been getting into pink Atlantic salmon fish cakes, gluten-free marinara pizzas, free-range chicken stirfrys and a HEAP of turkey!!

Turkey to me was primary reserved for Christmas time but I’ve been roasting giant turkey breasts stuffed with purple Mexican garlic and buying turkey mince and making meatballs with steamed green beans and broccolini on quinoa. Yum….

Turkey trivia:
1. Turkey is high in an amino acid called TRYPTOPHAN.

2. Tryptophan converts to SEROTONIN which is a neurotransmitter that acts as an antidepressant.

3. Serotonin then goes on to make MELATONIN which is a hormone that regulates your body clock and makes you feel super sleepy.

So what does this mean?? Turkey helps you feel happy and makes you want to have a nana nap, which is why we all have a little snooze Xmas afternoon!


I'll chat more about the different blood types later but if you're curious grab a copy of Eat Right For Your Blood Type by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo

1 comment:

  1. Im A positive little em. Ill have to get copies of your info. melissa swears by the blood groups as well!

    ReplyDelete