Saturday, March 22, 2014

Raise your words


Top Five Things I LOVED This Wk:

1. Listening to two friends speak so passionately about lawn mowing! I feel like I must be missing out on something.
2. The word ‘tempestuous’.
3. Another weekend to myself largely involving Frank coffee scrub and watching Sex in the City on my laptop in the bath. Oh and more star-fishing.
4. Spontaneous sleepovers from friends on their way down the coast. A beautiful way to brighten an otherwise monotonous Monday night. There’s nothing like that mad cleaning spree when you get home from work! Maybe I should clean like this more often…?
5. Restraining myself at Bunnings from buying an apple shaped bird feeder and zebra print gardening gloves. Although a couple of extra seedlings may have snuck into my basket. 

Emma the Naturopath xx

PS. 
“There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, 
than a woman being unapologetically herself; 
comfortable in her perfect imperfection. 
To me, 
that is the true essence of beauty.”

-Steve Maraboli





"Raise your words,
not your voice.
It is rain that grows flowers,
not thunder"
-Rumi





*FREE KORA ORGANICS TINTED DAY CREAM WITH EVERY KORA PURCHASE*

Seriously!! Every customer who buys any Kora Organics product in the next two weeks will receive a FREE full sized Tinted Day Cream valued at $59.95!!

KORA Organics Tinted Day Cream is a healthy alternative to foundation that leaves the complexion radiant with an even skin tone. It has an SPF rating of 15+, is certified organic, not tested on animals and Australian made and owned.






Now let me tell you something about Emma the Naturopath...


I have always had a TERRIBLE morning routine that consisted of waking as late as possible, sitting in front of the computer cramming in book work or scrolling through Insta as I drank a smoothie or vegie juice then rushed out the door to work going "Is that the time!"

Since returning from a very nourishing trip to Hawaii a few weeks ago, I've found myself in a nice little morning ritual. I wake at 7, get a pot of dandelion chai simmering on the stove then wander outside to check on my little garden. When I come back inside, I light my Drishti 'Uplifter' candle (lemongrass and lime) which is like my "coffee" that sends a message to my brain to wake up.

I sit at our wooden dining table with my chai and choose an affirmation card from the deck. I ponder it for a while, maybe write about it in my journal, eat some red papaya (obsessed right now!) then start getting ready. My husband gets up at 5 each morning to surf and watch the sun rise so the house is deliciously silent.

It's taken me 29 years to get my morning routine sorted! I knew all along that I should make the effort but I was full of excuses like "I'm just not a morning person". Now I'm reaping the benefits.

Emma the Naturopath xx

PS. Here is my affirmation card from this morning that literally jumped out of the deck as I was shuffling!

"GIFT: Within every struggle resides the tremendous potential for growth. Look for the treasure. All is well".







"Risk it, go for it. Life always gives you another chance, another go at it. 
It's very important to take enormous risks"

-Mary Gaunt





Top Five Things I LOVED This Wk:


1. That Seattle has banned the sale of bottled water!!
2. A perfectly juicy white peach.
3. The inspiring energy of Janine Allis –founder of Boost Juice. She gave a beautifully stirring and practical talk at a business seminar I attended this week.
4. Telling my husband about all the delicious recipes I can’t wait to create in my I Quit Sugar for Life cookbook. He then pointed out the fact that I was eating a Tim Tam.
5. How quickly Vanessa and I jumped back on our paddle boards when she felt something slimy brush against her leg.

Emma the Naturopath xx

PS. “Let go and your world will open up”
-Eileen Hall

Release your grip on jobs you don’t love, ended relationships and belief patterns that do not serve your life in a positive way. Let go of safety nets you have constructed around yourself and put your faith in the possibilities of the future. You’ll never know what opportunities are waiting to meet you!

Oh yeah, and please be mindful that it takes 450 to 1000 years for a single plastic bottle to biodegrade.





“I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight.

And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings.

You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.”
-C. Joybell C.

Have trust and and live in the present moment. 
You are stronger than you realise.







Top Five Things I LOVED This Wk:


1. Sliced banana and shredded coconut on top of Monday night’s yellow curry. My husband knows his way around the kitchen!
2. Mango smoothies on a sunny beach day. Cheers Mac
3. Seeing two beautiful friends become Mr and Mrs Pomroy. Because true love is a big f*%king deal.
4. High five to the person (no doubt a woman) who invented stick on nipple covers. A backless dress’s best friend.
5. Watching people sheepishly snavel our council pick up. So many slow driving cars and neighbours going for walks as the sun sets.

Emma the Naturopath xx

PS. “You never know what’s around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one step in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you’ve climbed a mountain” –Tom Hiddlestone

On a drizzly overcast morning I poured myself a mug of dandelion chai and snipped up a pile of my Frankie mags and Lorna Jane catalogues and made myself a pretty little vision board *pictured*.

I don’t physically write specific goals on a piece of paper anymore as I try to adopt a more “effort with grace” approach towards the future. Sometimes the more you chase things, the further they go away. So for me, this is the perfect way to set intentions without getting too caught up in the details. Are you a fellow vision boarder?

0266 514 533
Boulevard Arcade (opp. Blush), Coffs Mall
Facebook: Essential Health Coffs

No comments:

Post a Comment