Friday, May 10, 2013

Choose happiness



Top 5 Things I LOVED This Wk:
1. The anticipation all week for a much needed massage on Friday afternoon.
2. Two 11 hour sleeps in one week.
3. Deliriously stumbling to my car after a workout to find that my key wouldn’t work. Figuring I had used my shop key, I tried my actual car key. When that didn’t work either I looked down and realised that it wasn’t my car. Nor did it actually look anything like my car. Hello hypoglycaemia.
4. Stringing up fairy lights in the bathroom. When I have a bath all the twinkles reflect in the water.
5. The hot pink sunrise on Friday morning. It made the surrounding clouds look like pink fluffy fairy floss. Needless to say the rest of my day way pretty wonderful.

Emma the Naturopath xx

PS. A super-duper shout out goes to my brilliant (and insane) husband who completed his first marathon today. 45km (5.5 hours) along soft sand beaches, over headlands and through rivers during a howling southerly. All in aid of raising money for The Stroke Foundation. He told me that whenever he felt like it was all too much he thought of his patients in the hospital who can’t even stand up from their chair which reminded him of how grateful he was to be able to use his legs.

Count your blessings this week. 
Banana berry muffins

Ingredients:
2 cups wholemeal spelt flour
½ cup brown sugar (or 6 x diced organic dates)
 ½ cup rolled oats
 ½ cup desiccated coconut
3 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
A pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt (Celtic salt is fine too)
2 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
¾ cup milk (I used malt-free soy)
½ cup plain Greek yoghurt
½ cup of berries (I used frozen organic raspberries)
If you’re cheeky you could add ½ cup of dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs!

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. In one large bowl mix together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, coconut, salt).
3. In another bowl mix together the wet ingredients (bananas, milk, yoghurt).
4. Combine both bowls, stirring until mixed. Then fold through the berries.
5. Use some coconut oil on a paper towel to grease muffin tray. Top each muffin with a sprinkle of rolled oats for added prettiness.
6. Pop them in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the top bounces back when you gently press down on them.
*Store in an airtight container. Makes 15 muffins.








Top 5 Things I LOVED This Wk:
1. The relief when the saltwater that has been stuck in your ear finally leaks out. It was a minor consolation for surfing with dolphins today.
2. The sights, smells and sounds while walking through Scott’s Head Caravan Park on Anzac Day: kids tearing around on their bikes, sausages sizzling and the waft of shampoo at the shower block. Ahh the memories.
3. Four whole days off in a row. Unheard of! Salt water, sunshine, mugs of tea, gardening, reading, cooking and sooo much sleep =food for my soul.
4. Sharing a wildly colourful fruit salad on the beach with my gorgeous pregnant friend.
5. Knitting lessons from my husband’s grandmother. She even gave me a book from the 70s full of knitting patterns (think oversized sloppy joes with cockatoos on them with pom pom sheep as pockets). I threaten my husband that I’ll make him one if he doesn’t behave…

After spending rearranging my work days this week so that I had a few days off in a row I feel so refreshed and rejuvenated. A far cry from the stressed person with the sore throat I was last week. It allowed me to do all the things that bring me back home to myself. I encourage you to do the same.





Jump!!

Emma the Naturopath xx

Come visit us over at Facebook: Essential Health Coffs!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Fantastic Blog, it’s so helpful to me, and your blog is very good, I’ve from your blog here, Keep on going, my friend; I will keep an eye on it,learned a lot. Thanks

    ReplyDelete