Sunday, October 6, 2013

Trust the process


I’d like you all to get better acquainted with APPLE CIDER VINEGAR (ACV)!

Incorporating this super alkalising liquid into your diet is one of the easiest things you can do to improve your overall health!

HOW
1. Pour 2 teaspoons of ACV into half a glass of water.
2. Sip it slowly 15 mins before a meal. Don’t shot it down, just sip it.

WHY
It takes 15 mins for our stomach to realise there is food in it so this will have all your gastric juices and digestive enzymes enthusiastically ready to absorb and assimilate all the nutrients in your food!

RESULT
A primed metabolism, increased energy levels, balanced blood glucose levels and a better cholesterol profile. ACV is a fantastic blood cleanser so regular use will have your skin glowing and your eyes will look brighter!

OTHER USES
Also yummy as a salad dressing or splashed over steamed vegies! ACV can be used topically for warts, boils, rashes or diluted as a toner for oily/acne prone skin! Always choose organic because apples can be so heavily sprayed with pesticides and go for one in a glass bottle. Xx

EXTRA TIP
A lot of people tend to add honey to neutralise the acidity but the reason ACV has such wonderful benefits is because it stimulates the bitter taste buds on your tongue. So if the taste is a bit strong to start with, just add more water or less ACV rather than honey (sugar).

Does anyone use ACV on a regular basis? What benefits have you noticed?




My yoga teacher said something today that really stuck with me. 

We were doing rounds of surya namaskar (sun salutations) and she said "Don't forget to finish your breath". 

How often to we just take shallow breaths and not use our lungsto their full capacity. Breathing alkalises, cleanses and calms the body and the mind.

So next time you are sitting at a red light, walking along the beach or standing under the shower, take a deep, slow I N H A L E then E X H A L E. Try it now.

Have a beautiful weekend everyone. Don't forget to finish your breath.

PS. This time next wk I'll be at a yoga retreat in the hills!





Top 5 Things I LOVED This Wk:

1. Conversations that involve “What a small world!”
2. Being interrupted during my morning yoga routine in the courtyard by a flock of cheeky lorikeets dancing and singing in our bottlebrush tree. Made me stop and laugh.
3. A blueberry, apple and fresh basil smoothie.
4. The delicious smells I came across during walk at the beach: bacon and eggs frying on the caravan park bbq’s and the aroma of cinnamon doughnuts wafting up from the markets.
5. The school kid at the bus stop outside of my house with the school bag that said “I like big books and I cannot lie”.

Emma the Naturopath xx

PS. “In between goals is a thing called life, that has to be lived and enjoyed” –Sid Caesar.

This is something that resonates deeply with me. I have always been ridiculously focussed and goal orientated. It’s my nature. Perhaps ingrained from observing the work ethic of my parents? (It’s always fun to blame the parents isn’t it?) Ha! J

I knew I wanted to be a naturopath when I was 5, I knew I wanted to marry my husband the night I met him when I was 17. I became a business owner a week after my last uni exam when I was 24 and allow it to consume me most of the time. Did I mention that I have a vision board, a 6 month, 1 year and 5 year plan?

To me, this quote means to set your sights high but still savour the present moment by letting your hair down and having fun. My ‘Top 5’ is one way that I remind myself to do this.

How does this sit with you? Are you a planner? How’s your work/life balance?



Top 5 Things I LOVED This Wk:

1. The smiles you receive while carrying a massive bunch of flowers. I’m assuming it’s a similar smile you get from strangers when you’re pregnant?
2. Taking photos of stunning Australian bush flowers like hibbertia, purple mint bush, bottlebrush and dagger hakea. Unfortunately my allergies did not feel the same…
3. The quality of sleep after 10 hours of yoga in two days. I literally fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow and then woke up 8 hours later feeling like a new woman.
4. How quickly you get dressed after jumping out of an open air shower when it’s 4 degrees!!
5. The masses of constellations in the clear night sky at 2am. I was blown away by the beauty.

Emma the Naturopath xx

PS. I’ve just returned from a weekend yoga retreat in the hills. We were asked the question “Who are you?” Such a simple question but surprisingly challenging to answer.

We often define ourselves by our age, career, our relationships, our role, our appearance, our uni degree… But who are you when you’re not being a mother? Who are you when you’re not stressed about your studies? Who are you when you’re not in work mode?

What makes you light up inside? What are your values? What is your substance? What gives you integrity?

It’s a big question and it takes courage and honesty to look inside to see who you really are. So I hope you take a moment this week to turn inward and think about what makes you, you. Love from Emma –just Emma.   



Has anyone else noticed all the change going around at the moment? New babies, passings, sicknesses, healing, new relationships, break ups, selling houses, job opportunities, businesses closing and new ones popping up… That’s Spring for you I guess…

It’s a positive thing. It’s the Universe’s way of reminding us that we can’t control everything and to just go with it.

I picked up a Louise L Hay card out of the deck this morning and it said:
“All is well in my world. Everything is working out for my highest good. Out of this situation only good will come. I am safe!”

I stuck it to my water filter and repeated it to myself each time I walked past.

Try not to overanalyse or be fearful of change although it can be quite confronting or overwhelming. Just TRUST in the process.




Top 5 Things I LOVED This Wk:

1. Natalie from Precious Petals’ laugh. I hear it floating down the arcade and it makes me smile.
2. My new accountant. She’s so approachable and patient. I find it really empowering to have a handle on my finances.
3. My stand up paddle board!! I just feel like I could paddle forever. I’m in heaven!
4. Licking the bowl after making a Jamie Oliver chocolate fudge cake… at breakfast time! Followed by a vegie juice. Kind of balances out right?
5. Sharing a delicious pineapple and lavender iced tea with my grandmother. Afterwards she told me that the lavender was repeating on her and I looked down to see just the stem of her lavender garnish sitting in her glass…!

Emma the Naturopath xx

PS. There’s a question on the introductory form for my clinic that asks the client to list their hobbies/interests. It’s not surprising to see it left blank. When I ask my clients why they didn’t fill in their answer they respond with “I can’t remember what I used to like doing before I had kids/started working so much”. It’s easy to get caught up in the routine of life and putting everyone else’s needs first.

Revisit your hobbies and interests this week. Buy a set of paints and a canvas, join the social tennis club, dust off your gardening gloves or experiment in the kitchen. Whatever floats your boat. Take some time out to nourish your soul with things that bring you pleasure. You won’t regret it.

What hobbies will you be rediscovering this week?   

Essential Health
0266 514 533
Boulevard Arcade (opp. Blush), Coffs Mall
Facebook: Essential Health Coffs

2 comments:

  1. That was beautiful and artistically design landscape... very creative
    Health Shop Chinchilla qld

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get the latest health news and wellbeing advice from the Telegraph, including family health, diet and fitness.

    Health

    ReplyDelete