Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Unhook your bra.














Big day. Mentally drained. Achy body. Heavy chest.

To be honest, I used to drop my bag, turn on the computer or TV and zone out...

Now I walk through the door. Drop my bag, kick off my shoes and if it’s hot, pull off my dress. Make a mug of soy chai in my favourite red mug and drag a blanket and all the pillows in the house I can find out to the backyard. I then proceed to lie under the bottlebrush tree and either stare up at the sky, flick through a gardening/cooking book or just close my eyes and exhale.

I can smell the herbs from my garden, I can see natural light, I can hear birds, I can feel the breeze on my skin and my mind is empty. The world stops racing and I am mindfully living in the present moment.

This is MY time. I am being true to myself. I can recharge, decompress, regain balance and CONVALESCE! This time allows me to be me again.

How do you spend your quiet time, doing nothing but being YOU? A morning run on the sand, drinking your cup of tea in the sun on your break at work, soaking in a hot bath once the kids are tucked into their beds. Invest in yourself daily and you will reap the rewards xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment