Monday, October 17, 2011

Counting whales.



One of my favourite quotes is by Beverly Sills –There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

This rings true for any student who’s studied into the early hours of the morning, any runner who’s trained for a marathon or a new mum with a baby in her arms.

Much like my newly retired parents, who worked insanely hard in their successful businesses and are now reaping the rewards by travelling the world.

I received a one line email from my Father Bear yesterday (a man of many words): "Where are we? Doesn't matter. Some people count sheep. We count whales". With the above photo of my mum attached.


There are no quick fixes for a worthwhile goal. No fast forward buttons for the challenging parts of life. Do the hard yards and you'll be counting whales in no time.

1 comment: